Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Dialysis or Not

I visited my sister this past weekend and she looked so much better.

Back in 2005 when I walked into my uncle's hospital room I saw my grandfather laying there and not my uncle. My uncle was the spitting image of my grandfather to the T. Last year, several times when I would walk into my mother's hospital room I saw my grandfather at times (she had his nose) and even though I don't remember my grandmother, my mom looked like her at times (I know my grandmother by pics).

This past weekend as I walked into my sister's room, I opened the door slowly and she looked just like my momma. She has my mother's mouth/lips, her hands. She was eating a tamale I had brought her and as she began to wipe her mouth I happen to turn to look at her and exact same movements as my mother.

I have never been told that I look like my mother but alot of people who know me and have met my sisters have always stated that Daniela looks like my mom. :)

My sister told me that the doctor wanted to insert a perm line for dialysis. She says no and wants to leave and see what happens. I asked her if she leaves and finds down the road that she doesn't feel right or something is bothering her, would she hesitate again to be seen? She said no but it wasn't a confidant no.

I feel that we have a second chance with my sister and I intend to make the best of it.

So to my sister I say.......if you feel bad and you mention it to me don't be surprised if I'm trying to drag you out of the house to take you to see the doctor :)

I love you!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I just found your blog and I wanted to say that my dad was on dialysis for many years before receiving a kidney transplant. Dialysis is not enjoyable, but I know that it does help the body when someone needs it. If the doctor says she needs it, then I would highly encourage her to go! I hope everything goes well for you and her! :)