Monday, October 5, 2009

For me

My sisters gave me a surprise birthday dinner Sunday. :)

Me and Mira had planned to go shopping for homecoming mum supplies on Sunday and apparently her and my other sis, Daniela, planned a dinner at Mira's house. After we went shopping, we stopped at her house to pick up some items that I was going to give to someone for there birthday. I knocked on the door because I knew that her daughter and son were there. I hear commotion and told Mira "what the hell is going on" I could hear someone saying 'hide' 'wait' and so forth.

As we walked in I see my sister Daniela at first and thought to myself "oh you're still here" then she moved to one side and I saw Gabino and then heard "Mananitas" playing. I started crying and they said happy birthday. My sister took some pics of me while i was crying and Lord do I look pitiful. As I stood there and cried for some time I hid my face in my sweater and then I felt as if someone were hugging me. Mira's house is where my mother is resting high on a shelf where she can see everything. So her presence is there and I really believe that my mother was hugging me in spirit.

We enjoyed italian crusted chicken strips with my favorite, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, rolls and ranch style beans. then desert was a chocolate cake that my brother-in-law made.

Don't know how many candles were on the cake but I blew them all out, with one blow. :)

I love my family.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

WOW!!!! GIRL THAT GAVE ME CHILLS ABOUT YOUR MOTHER.AND YES I KNOW SHE WAS THERE IN SPIRIT.LUPE LOVED YOU GIRLS VERY MUCH AND I PROMISE NOT ONE DAY GOES BY THAT SHE ISNT THERE.SHE WATCHS YOU GUYS EVERYDAY.AND WHEN THE WIND BLOWS THATS HER BRUSHING YOUR HAIR AND SAYING "I LOVE YOU"