Friday, January 23, 2009

Mom - Day 5

This morning I overslept in my truck, didn't get up til about 730. :(

Checked on mom and she was moving her arm and her head somewhat, eyes slightly open, told her I was there and asked if she could hear me and she nodded her head yes. :) They started to pull fluid last night from her, previously it was only "cleaning" her via dialysis. Now they have begun to pull fluid. She has responded well to her ventilator being lowered from 14 to 12 now this morning 11 breaths per min. She has also responded well to her pressure med being slowly removed, sedation meds have been lowered as well.

Dr. Fernandes - Pulmonary Dr., says lungs look the same as yesterday, but not worse, that's a good sign. Dr. Branson - Cardio, hadn't made it in before I left, sisters will talk with him.

Thank you to all my family and friends for the prayers, and to her huge circle of friends who have all been emailing me daily showing support and praying.

No comments: