Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Family Sunday Dinners

Well, last year or the previous year, can't remember we had started having Sunday dinners where we would rotate whose house we ate at. Somehow that died. So this year my younger sis, Mira and her other, decided we should start back up put only once a month, which means I get to host Sunday dinner 4 months out of the year. I picked the first one, January. It will be done the 2nd Sunday in each month. So this past Sunday we got together and man did we have a blast! I made Baked chicken in onion soup, corn, fried potatoes, cornbread, and lemonade and sweet tea. Afterwards we played a card game we always love, Cucharas. Translation: Spoons. I'll have to get one of my tech sisters to video us playing one day so I can post it. But the object is to get four of a kind and when you do reach for a spoon in the middle of the table, at that point everyone will want to grab one too and the last one left without a spoon is the loser. Afterwards we played Poker as usual and Mom took home the winnings this round. We laughed so much, our nephew (14) was hanging with us and OMGatos did we have some fun, well sister D did anyway. I so enjoyed out time together that I can't wait til Feb Sunday Dinner at Mira's house.

No comments: