Friday, September 17, 2010

Prepaid Electricity?

First Choice Power – Prepaid

Finally, something that works in my favor! Being a single parent it’s hard to budget from one check to the next, especially when you have teenagers in school doing the extra curricular stuff such as band.

One day I had received my electric bill in the mail and it was $265 and it was due in a matter of days to avoid a disconnection, again. So I called up the company and asked for an extension to my next pay date and it was declined because they simply don’t do that.  The Rep that I was talking to then told me to try a prepaid service. So I looked up prepaid and found First Choice Power Prepaid (pay as you go).

The service rep @ First Choice Power explained the program to me and it sounded like something that I could handle. So I made my first “installment” and the best part is no credit check and NO DEPOSIT. That just made my day.

So I began this so call “pay as you go prepaid service”. The initial amount I paid was $50 to get started. According the cost per kwh at .129 I would have an estimated 5 days worth of electricity.

ALERT! ALERT! My cell phone rec’d a text message about 3 days after I started the new account and lo and behold it’s from First Choice Power telling me that I had a low balance remaining and what my estimated number of days were left on the account. It told me how much I had used on a given day as far as funds and kWh.

I loved it! So I called up with my debit card and made a payment. No sooner I had hung up the phone that I get another text telling me my payment had been rec’d. Any faster would have burned my phone – LOL.

Since signing up with First Choice Power Prepaid, I have a better control over my electricity usage and can avoid any interruptions in service. I also am more aware of leaving my lights on so now when I walk out of a room I automatically reach for the switch. Switching to First Choice Power Prepaid has made me switch my habits from money consuming to money saving and energy saving.

Make the switch!

No comments: